Chaparral Updates Brushfire Script Analysis Tool
Submitted: 2002-01-10 17:10:15 by Russell Kohn
Brushfire 1.5 for FileMaker Pro offers Windows support, improved performance, and a number of new report options.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Chaparral Software has updated to its Brushfire script analysis tool for FileMaker Pro users. Availability of Chaparral Software Brushfire 1.5 is set for late January 2002.
The product targets intermediate and advanced FileMaker Pro users, and gives them a way to debug, maintain, and document their programs. It analyzes related files, generating detailed reports that show script details, errors, warnings, and functional data about your FileMaker Pro programs. The idea is to let you see related scripts, together in one place, to help you improve your applications.
The latest version includes the following improvements:
Other new functions include:
- Windows support (NT, 2000, and XP)
- Brushfire Engine performance improvements of 20 to 50 percent
- Handling of more error conditions
- New report options
Chaparral shows some sample Brushfire reports on its Web site.
- Single-screen setup interface for both Macintosh and Windows
- Script search finds any text in any script line
- Search results display in a permanent list
- Script Errors and Calls to Missing Files now shown in separate reports (you can process partial solutions)
- Halt Statement report shows all scripts using the Halt command
- Layout-dependent script steps reports available
- Delete script steps reports available
- Macintosh- and Windows-dependent script steps identified
- SQL statement script steps identified
- Empty string test (null test) script steps identified
You can pre-order Brushfire 1.5 from the Chaparral Web site. You can also pre-order version 1.5 and use 1.0.4 now for a discount.
Brushfire 1.5 for either Macintosh or Windows costs US$249.95. You can get a product bundle that runs on both Macintosh and Windows for $359.95.
Chaparral Software & Consulting Services, Inc., a privately-held corporation based in Santa Monica, California, has been providing custom database consulting and programming services since 1986, is a member of the FileMaker Solutions Alliance and Apple Solutions Expert programs.
FileMaker Pro is a registered trademark of FileMaker, Inc. Brushfire is a trademark of Chaparral Software & Consulting Services, Inc.
For more information, please contact:
Russell Kohn, President
Chaparral Software & Consulting Services, Inc.
429 Santa Monica Blvd., Suite 230
Santa Monica, CA 90401 USA
E-mail: [email protected]
Web Site: www.chapsoft.com/